Explore ancient temples, traditional culture and Japanese cities with your Japan rail pass (JR pass).
Visit popular cities such as Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe, or explore the beautiful regional areas where you'll find the attractions of the Gero Hot Springs, Nagoya Castle, Kenroku-en Garden, Mt Fuji and Himeji Castle (also known as 'White Heron Castle").
High speed and safety are features of the Japan railway network where 300 km/h Shinkansens (bullet trains) connect Tokyo with Japan's major cities at intervals of approximately 15 minutes. Long distance trains provide convenient access to all parts of Japan.
The Japan Pass cannot be purchased in Japan. This pass is true value for money so purchase this pass and discover Japan by rail.
We cannot sell point to point tickets in Japan, they must be purchased locally.
Delivery fees: e-Vouchers are free of charge for booking which ONLY contain Eurostar, UK or French journey trains (must start in France), e-Ticket is free of charge for booking which ONLY contain Eurostar, UK, French journey trains or Spanish trains(subject to certain routes), $10 Australia Post (registered or express), $18 Courier, .
* Prices will be subject to change on a weekly basis unless paid in full
The Japan Rail Pass is not valid for NOZOMI and MIZUHO trains on the Tokaido, Sanyo and Kyushu Shinkansen lines. There are other Shinkansens that travel on these lines and you can use your Japan JR pass for these trains.
*Reissue fees apply
- Prices are updated weekly due to the Exchange Rate and are guaranteed until Monday 5pm.
- An Exchange Order is issued which must be presented in Japan, at a JR Station that has a Japan Rail Pass Exchange Office. Exchange Orders must be presented locally within 3 months of issue date. Your Rail Pass is then valid for travel to commence within 1 month.
- Important: At the time of exchange you will be asked to fill out a short application form and to show your passport with the temporary visitor stamp that you received upon entry into Japan. You must have your passport with you at time of the exchange (a photocopy is not acceptable and without your passport the exchange cannot be made).
- Children under six years of age may travel free of charge if they do not occupy a seat i.e. are seated on their parent's lap. (One child per adult only) Otherwise, they will need a Child Rail Pass.
- Child: 6 - 11 years