France by train
Paris known to be the city of romance with spectacular jaw dropping monuments such as the Notre Dame Cathedral, Mona Lisa at the Louvre and one of the worlds famous landmarks the Eiffel Tower are only a few of the beautiful sights to see in France and that's just Paris. A country where tourist discover the uniqueness of France from their language and culture that is fiercely protected by its people, to its great tastes in wine, food and cheese, arts and architecture.
Train Travel in France
France has one of the most extensive and modern railway networks in Europe. The railway network is managed by SNCF, the French national railway company. SNCF literally stands for Société Nationale des Chemins de fer Français in French. More than 32,000 km of railway tracks are managed by SNCF. The group is a leading travel company in France and throughout the world. The high speed rail service in France is almost entirely operated by SNCF through its flagship trains called the TGV. Other local and regional trains are operated by the company. Regional trains are called TER. A seat reservation is mandatory for pass holders to travel on board the TGV.
Top Attractions in France
- Experience a show at the famous Moulin Rouge.
- Take your time and walk the halls over Paris' stunning museums, galleries and monuments.
- Love wine? Explore the Champagne regions on one of the many French Winery tours.
- Visit Versailles and take in the breathtaking sights of some of arts finest creations.
- Visit the Carcassonne Medieval City.
- See the Mona Lisa sitting pretty in the must visit Louvre Museum.